If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Working Voip Providers

Configuration help for Internet Telephone Service Providers.
enso

Working Voip Providers

Post by enso »

I would like to start a list of working and non-working voip providers.
I have tested the following voip.ms and anveo.

Voip.ms works
Anveo inbound does not work, outbound works.
liftow

Re: Working Voip Providers

Post by liftow »

I've had some problems with voip.ms staying connected. It registers for 60 minutes on my 48x but voip.ms drops the registration intermittently. My interconnect has other clients using voip.ms that have this problem as well.
Enso - did you have to do anything special to get voip.ms working?
When voip.ms in registered properly I can use for outgoing and incoming on a test DID I have with them.

Unlimitel.ca has worked flawlessly for me.
Outgoing and Incoming have no problem.

48x v7.4.12.5
enso

Post by enso »

No, did you forward port 5060 to allworx? Also I have premium routing on voip.ms, not sure if that helps.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Yes, 5060 is good. Also tried 5080 which voip.ms accepts as well as per their tech support.
My other SIP provider is working without any problems.
The Premium vs Value routing settings on their end shouldn't matter, since that is the route voip.ms takes to the PSTN and shouldn't affect the Allworx to voip.ms registration. I am using value - but I'll try premium to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your suggestion on that.

Are you getting a 60 minute registration with voip.ms? (When you register manually, does it say it will reregister an hour from the time you did it?)
voip.ms asked me to lower the registration timeout period, but the Allworx doesn't have that settings.
Allworx tech support has told me that this value is determined by the SIP provider.
They obviously are not looking at the same SIP protocol documentation (if any standards exist? I have no idea...)
enso

Post by enso »

Yes I get 60 min on both the allworx and the VoIP.ms portal....what allworx version are you using?

There are several places that allworx is not sip compliant.
enso

Post by enso »

Callcentric works good. Their default registration period is 1 minute, so it ensures high level of availability. Good reviews as well.
enso

Post by enso »

Callcentric does not allow to transfer calls(strange). Now using voicepulse, which is working for now, will update if needed.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Not using voip.ms anymore - not stable at all for me with the 60 minutes registration.

Have setup SIP Trunking account with Primus Canada and it is working so far.
1 minute registration refresh, multiple data centers.
Only problem is placing outgoing calls and passing a Caller ID that isn't one of the DID's I have with them. Primus has claimed that this should work and are asking some technical questions about how the Allworx sends the Caller ID info. Will need to follow up with my partner and Allworx on this.
nickedw0

Post by nickedw0 »

I Tried DIDforSale, Callcentric but settled with NexVortex. Price is OK, but Quality and support is excellent. Using Callcentric as failover because of low cost.
kellenw

Post by kellenw »

Confirmed working:
Voicepulse - Works great
CallCentric - Works great
Vestalink - Works great
SipVine - Works great

Confirmed "issues" presently:
VOIPo - Disconnects parked calls when they are incoming calls. Outgoing calls that you park seem to work fine. VERY odd.