What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Support for Allworx Call Assistant, Mobile Link, and TAPI.
doom1701

What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Post by doom1701 »

We moved our corporate HQ from a 3Com NBX to Allworx. We're actually migrating all sites, but HQ was the only site with a phone system from this century. The NBX had a dialer/caller ID program that wasn't too polished, but it worked. It showed a pop up with caller ID, and let a user either drag a phone number to it's system tray icon, or copy it to the clipboard and choose to dial from clipboard.

I had thought that the Call Assistant would be similar. Call Assistant seems more along the lines of a switchboard application. I have a few users that would like to have on screen caller ID and be able to select a phone number on a web page or a document (the Allworx TAPI driver works great for dialing from Outlook). Before I write off Call Assistant as something we won't use (not much need for a switchboard application in our environment), I figured I'd ask if anyone knew if I'm missing functionality in Call Assistant to do what I need.

If Call Assistant isn't what I need, anyone have any recommendations?
Stephen
Site Admin

Re: What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Post by Stephen »

Not sure if you saw this or not, but this is a video illustrating Call Assistant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7TvheEVho

There is probably a way to use the TAPI license to activate web dialing, but I don't know how. Maybe someone else on here has set that up before.
liftow

Re: What can I do with the Call Assistant software?

Post by liftow »

Can you copy and paste numbers into the Call Assistant dialer? I think that's possible...