If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Trouble accessing the management console via IP address

General installation and configuration help.
sfelixdbcr

Trouble accessing the management console via IP address

Post by sfelixdbcr »

Hello Everyone,

For a few weeks now we lost our access to the management portal. This is most likely related to a Dell Sonic Firewall that we installed. However, I did contact Dell and they said that the firewall is configured properly and the issue is with our switch. We did not change any configuration on our switch, so I'm sort of stuck here.

Our phones are working fine, but I need to get to the portal to create new users and edit numbers, etc. I work at a high school and we inherited the Allworx system and I do not know too much about the configuration on the switch and am afraid to disconnect anything in fear that we will lose our phone service.

We have an Allworx 24X system. There is one large Allworx box that has a LAN cable going to one of our switches and has three RJ45 phone lines plugged into it. These three RJ45 lines are split from one line that comes from port 1 of a smaller Allworx box that sits on top of the larger one and this one was labeled "New Lines" by someone. There are 6 RJ45 lines plugged into it (from this smaller box, 3 of the RJ45 lines are split off and go into the larger box).

Can anyone please assist me as we are not able to afford the $350 that our local Allworx authorized vendor said the cost would be to have a tech come out.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you can provide me.

Stephan :?:
chipb43

Re: Trouble accessing the management console via IP address

Post by chipb43 »

First off I doubt it's your switch and $350 to come out is absurd. Can you provide any information about what you are seeing when you try to access the web management ip? What is the URL you are using and what is the error?
sfelixdbcr

Post by sfelixdbcr »

chipb43 wrote:First off I doubt it's your switch and $350 to come out is absurd. Can you provide any information about what you are seeing when you try to access the web management ip? What is the URL you are using and what is the error?
Thank you for your reply. I am trying to access the IP internally. The address is:

http://10.100.2.254:8080/default.asp

After about 10-15 seconds it times out and this message appears:

This site can’t be reached

10.100.2.254 took too long to respond.
Search Google for 100 254 8080 default
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I don't believe anything changed on the Allworx device. There are two boxes and each is connected to the same switch (one on port 34 and one on port 37).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.
tetcom

Post by tetcom »

Try to ping the IP of the Allworx unit, from a command prompt enter ping 10.100.2.254 /t then press enter. While that is pinging try to open the IP in your browser, http://10.100.2.254:8080. Have you changed the web port? If so you'll need to replace the 8080 with the current port number. Also try access without a port number to see if the "my allworx manager" screen will come up, that will at least verify you can get to the server.