If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Call forwarding

General installation and configuration help.
dbodeenisudm

Call forwarding

Post by dbodeenisudm »

Hi - We have call forwarding setup for some employess for if they do not answer their office phone it forwards to the cell phone. When it forwards it comes up as one of our office numbers but not as the number that is actually calling the office phone. Any way to change that?
doom1701

Re: Call forwarding

Post by doom1701 »

What type of inbound and outbound phone service are you using? If you're using a T1 or analog lines, I don't believe it can be changed. If you are using SIP trunks, there is an option in the Trunk setup to support a SIP Redirect, which maintains caller ID of the original caller.
dbodeenisudm

Post by dbodeenisudm »

Yes we are using Sip trunks. Can you just tell me what you think would need to be configured? Would it be our Allworx box?
dbodeenisudm

Post by dbodeenisudm »

FYI this is possible; its called sip redirect; but it costs extra though.
doom1701

Post by doom1701 »

I only get in here once a week or so, but it looks like you found the answer. You're correct--your provider does have to support SIP Redirect. None of the providers I've worked with in the past charged extra for it--but that might be that they just included the feature by default with my accounts (ie, I could have stripped it out and saved a few pennies).