If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Put Allworx 6X behind a firewall

General installation and configuration help.
rpacyna2010

Put Allworx 6X behind a firewall

Post by rpacyna2010 »

I have an Allworx 6X that I would like to put behind a firewall due to security issues we have been having with people making fraudulent international calls.

Has anyone done this before? Any ideas or suggestions on how it should be handled.

Essentially I will need to make my WAN on Allworx into a private IP and redirect the public side from the firewall to point to the internal IP I am putting on the Allworx WAN.

I have never tried anything like this before and need to get a good feel for it in the next few weeks.
enso

Re: Put Allworx 6X behind a firewall

Post by enso »

I have mine behind a firewall/router. Just forward the ports you need. 143 for IMAP, 110 for POP 25 or 26 for SMTP, 8081 for Mobilink and 5060 for sip(if you use voip)
liftow

Re: Put Allworx 6X behind a firewall

Post by liftow »

Allworx also asks for 2088 UDP and 15000-15511 UDP as per the Network Configuration page.
If you have remote phones you'll also need 123 open for NTP so the remote sets have proper date/time. Not documented by Allworx anywhere...