If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Peering battles between Congent affecting VOIP?

General installation and configuration help.
ryano

Peering battles between Congent affecting VOIP?

Post by ryano »

Hi,

I've been seeing more issues with packet loss during the middle of the day affecting choppy calls and dropped calls.

We currently use Comcast, and are thinking about upgrading to Data-T1/Ethernet over copper with an SLA to help with these quality issues.

Reading more online I notice how there are these peering battles between internet giants like Congent and Comcast in regards to who pays for netflix bandwidth. I'm wondering if these peering battles are affecting everyone these days, and if getting a new internet service w/SLA will really resolve my issues.

My thinking now is I may need to ditch my voip provider, and switch to a voice and data service with the same provider (ie. AT&T T1).

Any thoughts on all this? Happy Friday!
Ryan