If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

remote phone "registration error!"

General installation and configuration help.
jason_jm

remote phone "registration error!"

Post by jason_jm »

we had one remote phone on our system, it worked fine. then suddenly it started making errors with "Registration Error!"

so I deleted it and tried to config a new phone for user.

allworx 9224.

I put in the pnp key and the boot ip server, it found the server fine over the internet, and downloaded new firmware too and upgraded itself

it gets its extension number after reboot, but same error on screen "Registration Error!"

what am I doing wrong?

system is Model: Allworx 6x
Software Version: 7.0.4.2
its behind a firewall that is forwarding all traffic (every port) to the internal IP of the allworx from the external
phone is on a NAT network, that is on different subnet from allworx network

any ideas / recommendations?
justingoldberg

Re: remote phone "registration error!"

Post by justingoldberg »

If you only have a single remote phone, then I believe the problem is caused by the Allworx being behind another firewall itself (UDP and NAT problem).

If you have more public IPs I suggest putting the Allworx on an actual public.

To prove that it's the allworx and not the firewall where the remote phone is, you could put that router/firewall in bridge or dmz mode to test it, and static the phone to the router's public ip address (temporarily, of course). There's a very good chance it's the allworx.

What I don't understand is why did it work, then it stopped working, then downloaded it's new firmware. It would work without updating it's firmware if no one ever clicked "update firmware" at the remote.

Was the Allworx software upgraded around the time the remote stopped working?

Also I recommend upgrading to 7081 too, after you get the remote phone worked out. It fixes alot of issues.