If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Configure X-Lite for both work and home networks?

General installation and configuration help.
IotaPete

Configure X-Lite for both work and home networks?

Post by IotaPete »

I found the X-Lite how-to from Shelby Helms to be the only guide on the net that let me get X-Lite working with Allworx, but it doesn't say how to configure the softphone to automatically or manually switch between internal (behind the firewall) and external (through a VPN) networks.

Is it possible to configure X-Lite (or another free SIP client) to automatically connect no matter what network my laptop is connected to?
liftow

Re: Configure X-Lite for both work and home networks?

Post by liftow »

If you have an internal DNS server, setup with a domain you own. Create an A record (phone.domain.com for example) to point to your internal IP. Create same record with your external DNS server (probably your domain registrar) with the external IP address.
Then just use that domain name in X-Lite.

Or a VPN solution would work so you can connect from home to your work network.