If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Dropped calls and REGISTRATION ERROR

General installation and configuration help.
Brad6513

Dropped calls and REGISTRATION ERROR

Post by Brad6513 »

Hello,

I am having quite a few issues with our Allworx configuration. These issues are as follows;
-No dial tone / unable to make internal or external calls
-Registration Errors on phones
-Loss of audio during calls (can't hear outside remote end and remote can't hear local

These issues have been going on for a little over a month. We have updated our install to version 7.6.9.5, contacted Allworx support (with no resolution). Replaced all network cables in and out of the Allworx 48x system. We have added a new Dell 2848 to our network and connected our other dell switches which have the phones and computers link to them. Our system supports about 50 users, and many of which use the network out on their phones to connect their computer systems. I am looking through this forum, but have not had luck yet, so I am sorry if this issue was resolved elsewhere. I hope that this is enough information to get an idea of what our issue is, and would really appreciate any help. Thank you for your time!
leetrans

Re: Dropped calls and REGISTRATION ERROR

Post by leetrans »

We have our data and phone networks on separate switches. Separate network entirely really. I wonder if it is all too much for the switches to handle. Sounds like network issue or bad pbx.
Brad6513

Post by Brad6513 »

Yeah we were wondering if that could be the case... Just seems strange that we have no errors on the switches, and this issue is relatively new. We have had the system for two years, and this started 2 months ago. We haven't had any notable changes to anything related.
ryano

Post by ryano »

I believe each of the phones attempts to register during intervals throughout the day. If it can't reach the allworx pbx, this would result in a registration error. You definitely need to analyze this from a network perspective. Perhaps a firmware update or change was made to the switches that makes restrictions on traffic on the network, perhaps to protect against network storms? I would also use a network packet capture analysis tool such as wireshark to see if the network is over-saturated with traffic. We had an incident once where a user plugged both ends of a network cable into network jacks, and it appeared to cause the traffic on the network to mirror. The computers slowed down somewhat but it caused a lot of registration errors on the phones. After that was fixed the problems went away.