If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Polycom IP 4000 help!

General installation and configuration help.
rymaltech

Polycom IP 4000 help!

Post by rymaltech »

Hello all,

I'm trying to setup an IP 4000 conference phone as a generic SIP handset. I just recently installed 3 IP 5000's with no real problems, but the older 4000 is giving me grief. No matter what I try, the phone constantly fails to register. This is the error from the system event report:

"tSip: SIP: INVITE from 192.168.140.170:5060 discarded (not trusted)"

I have tried setting the SIP loginID and password to the same 4 digits as the user ID, as suggested in a previous post. Unfortunately, it did not help. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
liftow

Re: Polycom IP 4000 help!

Post by liftow »

I've got the 5000 working as well. No experience with the 4000.
Firmware up to date?
I recall coming across something in the documentation that made me glad I had a 5000 and not anything older, but I don't recall the specifics.