If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Auto Attendant drops calls when user presses key

General installation and configuration help.
andrewn

Auto Attendant drops calls when user presses key

Post by andrewn »

I have several auto attendants setup to play a custom message and give the user options on menu shortcuts to use. The first three are working fine. The fourth one is having issues. Here is what I have figured out:

- Adding the same menu shortcut to another auto attendant works. I can assign key #9 to x120 on attendant 1 with no issues, but on attendant 4 the call is dropped.

- If I configure the default ringing extension to transfer to attendant 1 and use key #9 again I get no issues

- If I configure attendant 5 with the same buttons and configuration as attendant 4, it will drop the call.

It seems to be related to the ringing extension or outside line for the line I am calling in on and not the actual auto attendant/extension.
thedude

Re: Auto Attendant drops calls when user presses key

Post by thedude »

This is a long shot. I once had a user who when they recorded their auto-attendants her voice had the right overtones that triggered the auto-attendant as if a key had been pressed. The solution was to have someone else record the auto-attendant then no more problems. Sounds goofy. but it really did happen.